Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Reverse Diabetes Challenge Day 1

March 29, 2016. Its Day 1 of my reverse diabetes challenge.

I ordered a wild berry formula 1 shake, a personal protein powder and a bottle of fiber herb. The Formula 1 shake is my meal replacement. The personal protein powder is an additional ingredient for loosing weight. The fiber and herb is for my fiber and for a feeling of fullness during the meal replacement.



My replacement consisted of 2 tablespoons of Formula 1 shake, 1 tablespoon of protein powder and 2 tablespoons of powdered milk. Add all the powders together and mix with water. After drinking the mixture, I drank 3 capsules of fiber and herb and washed it down with water.

My wife ate some chocolate cake leftover from my son's birthday. I know I need to stick to my diet but I just really wanted a taste. So I asked for a very small portion of the cake. About the size of the two fork tines. First replacement meal for the day done at 10am. No problems there. No hunger pangs.

Then came 12 noon. My family's dish for today was fried chiken and fried shrimps. Yum! Right....I need to do meal replacements. So I maid my mixture drank it, swallowed the capsules and drank water. I was still salivating at the sight of the food on our table. I finally asked my wife to give me one piece of shrimp to satisfy my craving. So far so good.

Now off to work at 3pm. By 4pm I went to my Herbalife coach to get my measurements. I want to record everything. Got my picture taken




and stepped on the electronic weighing scale and got these results:

Weight: 193 lbs.
Body Fat: 30.9
Body Water: 50.6
Muscle Mass: 1064
BMI: 1719
Physique rating: 3
Metabolic Age: 62
Bone Mass: 6.8
Visceral Fat 16

Now the important thing to look at is the weight of course and the BMI. BMI means body mass index. This is the measurement of how many caloried your body burns while at rest. To lose weight you should only consume calories lower than your BMI. So for me, I should consume less than 1,719 calories. The UK Doctor recommends to eat only and equivalent of 800 calories per day. Each meal replacement equals to 200 calories.

At 5pm, I felt hunger. I decided to go buy some nuts that is equivalent to 150 calories. I ate dinner at 8pm. I ordered one rice (206 calories), an order of squid ink soup (around 200 calories) and one chorizo (around 130 calories).

Let's compute how many calories I consumed today:

2 Meal Replacements: 400 calories
Nuts: 150 calories
1 cup of rice: 206 calories
1 squid ink soup: 200 calories
1 chorizo: 130 calories

Total of  1086 calories. All right! First day of the Reverse Diabetes Challenge is successful. I just need to drink lotsa lotsa water to stave off my hunger and sleep it off later when I get home at 1am.





No comments:

Post a Comment