Thursday, March 31, 2016

Reverse Diabetes Challenge Day 3

March 31, 2016
Day 3 of my Reverse Diabetes Challenge

It's my mom's 67th birthday! Uh-oh. I know I'm going to eat a lot on my only meal for the day.



So, first thing in the morning. Breakfast! That's 200 calories of my meal replacement. Two tablespoons of Herbalife Formula 1 shake, one tablespoon of Personal Protein Powder, and two tablespoons of powdered milk. Mix with water and drink! Add three tablets of Fiber and Herb and wash it down with water. Done with breakfast at 9am.

Got a bit hungry by 11am and ate one slice of bread with 2 slices of cheese. Based on my previous post, that is 138 calories.

I cooked spaghetti for my mom, my wife bought chocolate mousse cake, ice cream and roasted chicken. Just looking at the food I got dismayed I know its going to cost a lot of calories. So my family went to my mom's house and celebrated her birthday during lunch.

Here's what I ate:

One and a half serving of Spaghetti worth 840 calories. I got the numbers based on this link. I also had 2 pieces of chicken worth 300 calories based on this link. Plus dessert that consists of one slice of chocolate mouse worth 355 calories based on this link, and ice cream worth 186 calories based on this link. That's a grand total of 1,681 calories. Oh my god! That's only for lunch.

I already ate 2,019 calories today. My minimum calorie requirement per day is 2,619. That means if I get hungry for dinner and eat my meal replacement my total calories for the day is 2,219. I hope I survive this day.

5:30 pm - Dang! I got hungry and ate nuts worth 150 calories.

7:00pm - Drank my replacement meal of 80 calories. I didn't bring any protein powder and powdered milk.

8:19pm - Ate Growers peanuts worth 150 calories.

1:00 am - Got home and ate two tablespoon of spaghetti worth 28 calories. Also ate one tablespoon chocolate mousse worth 57 calories.

Now lets compute the calories.

Breakfast - replacement meal at 200 calories
Snack - 1 slice of bread with 2 slices of cheese at 138 calories
Lunch - 1/2 serving of Spaghetti at 840 calories
              2 pieces of chicken at 300 calories
              1 slice of chocolate mouse at 355 calories
              2 tablespoons of ice cream at 186 calories
Snack - 1 pack nuts at 150 calories
Dinner - replacement meal at 80 calories
Snack - 1 pack nuts at 150 calories
Midnight Snack - 2 tablespoons of spaghetti at 28 calories
                             1 tablespoon chocolate mousse at 57 calories

That brings my total to 2,348 calories. Just shy of 135 calories to my calorie minimum requirement. I feel bad about today's results. I need to discipline myself if there is a party and lots of food.




No comments:

Post a Comment