Thursday, March 31, 2016

Reverse Diabetes Challenge Day 4

April 1, 2016. April fool's Day!
Day 4 of my reverse diabetes challenge.

I woke up at 9am today. Did some daddy duties. Carried my soon to be 1 year old son. Played a little with him.



Drank my replacement drink minus one tablespoon of milk. So I only had two tablespoons of Herbalife Formula Shake (80 calories), one tablespoon of Personal Protein Powder (20 calories), and one tablespoon of milk (40 calories). Making my meal replacement to 140 calories.

Lunch time! I was planning to have my replacement meal BUT my neighbor invited us to their house. It was a combined party. Combined meaning that, the guy's birthday was on March 29, the girl's birthday was on March 20 and today was their son's graduation. So, yes lots of food on the table. But like I said yesterday I should control myself at parties. So, just got one cup of rice (200 calories) and two tablespoons of lechon. How many calories is that?

Well, I needed to do some computation. Put in "litson calories" in google. Got "suckling pig - 107 calories, 10oz(28.4g). So I needed to check how many grams is equivalent to one tablespoon and got 14.18 grams times two thats 28.36 grams. So lets just say that two tablespoons of litson or suckling pig is equal to 107 calories.

I also added two tablespoons of dinuguan or pig's blood to my plate. According to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/23790158 1 cup is 255 calories. I estimated that two tablespoons is 1/4 of a cup so that means two tablespoons of dinuguan is equivalent to 63.75 or 64 calories.

Plus two talbespoons of spaghetti at 28 calories and two tablespoons of fruit salad at 40 calories (1 cup is equal to 160 calories). That brings my current total to 579 calories.

I felt sleepy at 4:49pm, so I made my sugar free coffee for the day with only 90 calories and nibbled on nuts with 150 calories,

Dinner at 9pm with only two tablespoons of Formula 1 Shake and one tablespoon of Protein powder. That is equals to 100 calories.

I'm out of the office by 1am. My wife texted me to buy Mcdonald's fries and Mcflurry. I passed by KFC to buy a junior burger (242 calories), Coke Zero (0 calories!), and regular french fries (290 calories)

So how many calories did I eat today?

Breakfast - replacement meal at 140 calories
Lunch - 1 cup of rice at 200 calories
              2 tablespoons of lechon at 107 calories
              2 tablespoons of dinuguan at 64 calories
              2 talbespoons of spaghetti at 28 calories
              2 tablespoons of fruit salad at 40 calories
Snack -  Sugar free coffee at 90 calories
Dinner - 1 pack nuts at 150 calories
              1 KFC junior burger at 242 calories
              1 KFC regular french fries at 290 calories

That's a grand total of 1,451 calories for today against my required daily calorie intake of 2,619 calories. Leaving me with a 1,168 deficit. If you measure it with my BMI and calories burn at rest at 1,719 calories, I have a deficit of 268 calories.

I feel better with today's results as compared to yesterdays. Blogging about what I eat and computing the calories I eat daily really helps. It inspires me to keep going at it and it makes me really motivated. That's it. Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment