Monday, April 4, 2016

Day 8 - Reverse Diabetes Challenge

Breakfast consisted of my 100 calorie replacement diet, 4 pieces of Pringles at 37.5 calories, 1/2 tablespoon of ice cream at 46.5 calories and 1 tablespoon of spaghetti at 14 calories.

I went to our local Pharmacy and had my blood sugar taken. I was so happy because I got 9.8mmol/L from 12.4mmol/L last week. I lost 2.6mmol/L. If this trend goes on, I'm confident that I will reverse my diabetes.

I went to my Herbalife coach before going to work to take my measurements. I'm at 189.2 pounds today! Yes, my diet worked. I lost 3.8 pounds after 1 week. Good results makes me more motivated to stick with my diet. Here's my calculations from calculator.net:



Off to work and I had lunch at 3pm. Ate 1 Jollibee hotdog at 386 calories.

For snacks, I whipped up a vegetable salad composed of 1/2 cucumber at 23 calories, onion at 29 calories, and tomato at 16 calories. The vegetable snack is at a total of  68 calories. I ate this alternately with my 1 pack of nuts at 150 calories.

Currently, here's what I ate so far:

Breakfast - replacement meal at 100 calories
                - 4 pieces Pringles at 37.5 calories
                - 1/2 spoon ice cream at 46.5 calories
Lunch - 1 Jollibee hotdog at 386 calories
Snacks - 1 serving vegetable salad at 68 calories
               1 pack of nuts at 150 calories
Dinner - 1 replacement meal at 100 calories
Snacks - 1/2 pack of nuts at 75 calories
               2 spoons spaghetti at 28 calories
               2 spoons icec ream at 183 calories        

My current total for the day is 1,174 calories.

Based on my new calorie calculations below, I need to change my target calorie intake.

You need 2,349 Calories/day to maintain your weight.
2,349
You need 1,849 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week.
1,849
You need 1,349 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week.
1,349

That means I need to consume only 849 calories per day in order to lose 3 pounds next week. I don't think I can realistically do this. I guess I would need to add more exercises to my daily lifestyle. That means later tonight when I get home, I will do 3 sets of 10 push-ups, 10sit-ups and 10 leg pumps. I will do this morning and night in order to change my activity level to Moderate and will get the calculations below.



With this change I can consume up to 1,147 calories per day in order to lose 3 pounds next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment