Monday, April 4, 2016

Reverse Diabetes Challenge Day 7

I never knew that you can actually plot your weight loss. I just realized this when I went to calculator.net to calculate how many pounds I can lose with my diet.



I consider myself lightly active because I walk 20 minutes daily when going home from work. My results are listed below.

You need 2,372 Calories/day to maintain your weight.
You need 1,872 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week.
You need 1,372 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week.

So that means a difference of 500 calories will make me lose 1lb per week. I wasn't satisfied in loosing only 2 pounds per week. I want to lose weight fast! So I did a little computation. Please refer to them below.

if I only eat 872 calories a day I will lose 3lb per week or 12 pounds/month
if I start today April 1, 2016
April 29 - 181
May 27 - 169
June 24 - 157
July 22 - 145
August 5 - 139 IDEAL WEIGHT

With these results, I'll achieve my goal in 5 months. That's quite long. Now I'm thinking of adding exercise to make my losing weight faster. Tomorrow I will need to measure my weight and blood sugar to record any changes and see if there was any effect on my 1st week of diet.

Today I had breakfast at 9am. Drank my 100 calorie replacement meal. Lunch was again my 100 calories replacement. Shower and changed then went to work. For snacks I drank my sugar free coffee at 90 calories and ate 1 pack of nuts at 150 calories.

Its better during the work week because I can control what I eat. Weekends are harder because there are a lot more temptations when it comes to food.

I promised myself that I will lessen my food intake today. If possible I won't eat meat only vegetables. Well no such luck, there was no vegetable dish in the pantry. I ordered 1 serving of chicken adobo. I googled for its equivalent calories but found 3 different measurements. I decided to get an average from the result and make it as the estimated calorie count for a piece of chicken adobo. I got 172 lets make it 180 just to make sure. Ate only 1/2 cup rice at 103 calories.

For snacks I ate a pack of Grower's hot peanuts at 190 calories. Let's add it all up.

Breakfast - replacement meal, 100 calories
Lunch - replacement meal, 100 calories
Snack - 1 cup sugar free coffee at 90 calories
             1 pack nuts at 150 calories
Dinner - 1 piece chicken adobo at 180 calories
              1/2 cup rice at 103 calories
Snack - 1 pack Grower's peanuts at 190 calories

That's a total of 913 calories against my required daily calorie intake of 2,372 calories. Leaving me with a 1,459 deficit. If you measure it with my BMI and calories burn at rest at 1,719 calories, I have a 806 deficit. Yes, I'm back in the game. Tomorrow, I will only bring 1 pack of nuts so I will only have one snack and bring vegetables for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment